Monday, October 24, 2011

THE BEST SERIES PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 3

The first Paranormal Activity was easily one of the best theater experiences I’ve ever had.  Every single soul in that packed theater was at the edge of their seat and everyone jumped at the same time.  Because of that amazing crowd, the film became my favorite of 2009.

Paranormal Activity 3, Teddy Ruxpin & the Theater Experience | Paranormal Activity 3 Review
I think it was a little too much to ask for a similar experience last year when the sequel/prequel was released.  The film itself was just as frightening and entertaining as the first but the experience was lacking because of several jerks sitting nearby.  A few ignorant idiots managed to ruin just about every good moment with their pointless commentary.
Paranormal Activity 3, Teddy Ruxpin & the Theater Experience | Paranormal Activity 3 Review
When we were planning our trip to the theater to see Paranormal Activity 3, we decided that Cineplex Ultra AVX was the way to go.  We got to pick our seats, there is plenty of leg room and we figured, the higher price might scare off the losers who deserve a smack for talking during movies.
Sadly, repeating the amazing experience I had watching the first wasn’t meant to be.
Paranormal Activity 3, Teddy Ruxpin & the Theater Experience | Paranormal Activity 3 Review
On our left, an oblivious couple who talked without being courteous enough to at least whisper. In addition to their conversations, the man had several nervous ticks and never stopped moving while making odd ‘fart’ sounds at random.  On our right, next to me, there was two girls who encapsulated the very essence of a ‘sense of entitlement’. I knew I was in trouble when they arrived.  One of them gave me a completely unnecessary dirty look as I moved my jacket from ‘her’ seat.  That’s when they sat down and immediately began checking their phones and gossiping about people I don’t care about.
Still, I was willing to ignore their constant chatter once the film started but their narration and obvious remarks quickly became unbearable.  And then the man to our left twitched and ‘farted’ again.  Weak audience…  weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment